This page provides information about the use of your personal information by iTEE University.
1. What is ‘personal information’?
‘Personal information’ means any information which relates to or identifies you as an individual.
2. How does this page relate to other information about data protection?
This document describes the uses iTEE University makes of your personal information while you are a student or facilitator of any courses provided by iTEE University. In addition to the information published here, when you use specific services and facilities offered by iTEE University, you may be told about any other uses of your personal information.
3. Who will process my personal information?
The information published here applies to the use, sharing and disclosure of your personal information by iTEE University only.
4. What personal information will be processed?
iTEE University will keep a record of information provided during your application process and any supporting documents provided as part of your admission. We will also maintain records about your studies / teaching at iTEE University, and about your use of systems and services that we offer. This personal information may include data such as your name, address, date of birth, picture (if provided by you), program, courses, fee payments, and information about your examinations, assessments and results.
Your personal information is created, stored and transmitted securely in paper and electronic formats, including the databases incorporated into iTEE University’s Moodle system. Access to your personal information is limited to iTEE University staff who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their contractual duties, and our use of your personal information will not be excessive.
5. What is the purpose and legal basis of the processing?
iTEE University will process your personal information for contractual purposes, including the following:
- To deliver and administer your education, record the details of your studies, and determine/confirm your academic achievements
- To administer the financial aspects of your relationship with us and any funder
- To deliver IT facilities to you (iTEE University’s Moodle system)
- To enable your participation at events (e.g. conferences, training classes)
- To communicate with you by mail, email, phone and other means of mutual agreement
- To compile statistics and conduct research for internal and statutory reporting purposes. Any use of your information for research purposes will be anonymized.
We consider the processing of your personal information for these purposes to be either necessary for the conduct of our relationship with you, or necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interests of iTEE University. If we require your consent for any additional specific use of your personal information, we will collect it at the appropriate time and you can withdraw this at any time. We will not use your personal information to carry out any automated decision-making.
6. Who will my personal information be shared with?
As described above, your personal information is shared with relevant staff at iTEE Global as required. In addition, it is shared as permitted or required by law, on a confidential basis, with external organisations, including the following:
- Companies or organisations providing specific services to, or on behalf of, iTEE University, such as IT service-providers.
Other than as set out above, we will not normally publish or disclose any personal information about you to external organisations unless you have requested it or consented to it, or unless it is in your vital interests to do so (e.g. in an emergency situation).
7. How long is my information kept?
A record of your studies or course facilitation, including your contact and core personal details, is retained indefinitely so that the details of your academic achievements can be confirmed, and for statistical or historical research.
8. What are my rights regarding my personal information?
You have the right to access the personal information that is held about you by iTEE Global.
You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you, to delete personal information, restrict our processing, object to processing or to receive an electronic copy of the personal information you provided to us.
If at any time you are uncomfortable with our use of your Personal Information you may withdraw your consent by email. Note that if you choose not to provide us with certain mandatory information, then our services may be unavailable to you. If you choose to delete all your Personal Information from iTEE University systems, it may result in your academic history and achievements being expunged.
To request access, corrections, deletion or to withdraw your consent, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Who can I contact?
If you have any questions about how your personal information is used, or wish to exercise any of your rights, please consult iTEE Global’s data protection officer at email@example.com, or in writing to iTEE University Data Privacy Officer, PO Box 1652, Leander, TX 78646-1652 USA.
This notice was last updated in April 2021.
iTEE University Moodle Privacy Notice
General personal information collected on iTEE University’s Moodle system
iTEE University’s Moodle system collects, holds and processes personal information in line with the iTEE University Data Protection Notice. Within the iTEE University Moodle system, iTEE University uses your data as set out below.
Legal basis for the use of personal data on Moodle
Our Legal basis for using your personal information is to deliver our obligations to you as a user of our service. You always have the right to withdraw your consent and forfeit your access to Moodle. Should you wish to withdraw your consent you should email the iTEE University Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data held by the Moodle system
Data held by Moodle includes your name, email address, username, and your iTEE University information such as your organization, department and course information. It may include other information such as phone number, country, location, time zone, picture and social media accounts if you enter these into your Moodle profile. It may also include educational background information for you, if you provided that as part of admission to your educational program.
Moodle logs contain detailed information about user activity within each course, including the date and time when course-specific information was viewed and/or updated, the IP address of the computer from which the access was made, the browser identification information and information about the referring web page. Logs are used to create summary statistics which do not include personal data.
The Moodle system also holds Information about your contributions to courses, including your posts to chat rooms and discussion forums, ownership of resources, assignment / file submissions, quiz responses and evidence of participation in other Moodle-based activities. This includes grades, feedback comments, scores, completion data, access rights and group membership.
Additional personal data may be held within individual courses, either within documents/resources you’ve uploaded to the course, or within activities within the course. Other than contributions to chat rooms and discussion forums which are submitted by individuals in a personal capacity, course facilitators are responsible for the information held about you that may be uploaded onto courses.
How iTEE University’s Moodle system uses your personal information
Moodle records and uses your personal information to:
- Provide you an account on, and identify you within, the system
- Provide you access to courses/sites within the system including information, resources and activities uploaded there, and allow you to complete the requirements of those courses
- Provide you the ability to upload, amend and delete certain information within the system
- Communicate to you information relevant to your iTEE University courses and program
- Control access to different parts of the system
- Help support your use of the Moodle system
- System administration and bug tracking
- Report on course, resource and activity access, activity completion, course completion and course data (such as grades, scores, submissions and content uploaded)
- Produce anonymized usage statistics for management and planning purposes
Individual courses within Moodle may collect additional personal information specific to the needs of those courses, in order to support your education.
Where Moodle information comes from
Moodle records information supplied by you, by the Registrar or by course facilitators. This includes information entered by you into your profile (such as telephone numbers, addresses, pictures) or provided during your admissions process (such as educational background) and University related information (such as Department, Program and Course). It also may include comments about your educational achievement entered by the Registrar, training managers or course facilitators.
Additional information may be provided or uploaded by you during individual courses.
Who has access to Moodle data
The Moodle technical support team at iTEE University has access to all information stored within Moodle for the purposes set out above. This includes Moodle activity logs.
Course facilitators have access to the personal information of the students of the courses they facilitate, as well as course tracking data (e.g., completion of tasks within the course, posts made to forums, etc.).
The Registrar, Training Manager and Department Managers have access to personal information and course-specific data for all students and facilitators within their scope of responsibility.
Where Moodle information is shared
iTEE University does not share your personal information with any other users within Moodle, nor with any other iTEE Global systems. iTEE University does not share your personal information held by Moodle with any other organizations except IT service providers who assist in delivery of iTEE University as indicated below:
- Moodle runs on servers operated by the Microsoft Azure service, located in the United States. The Privacy Notice for Azure is here. The Microsoft Data Privacy Officer can be contacted by filling out the form at https://aka.ms/privacyresponse or by writing to:
Microsoft EU Data Protection Officer
One Microsoft Place
South County Business Park, Leopardstown
Dublin 18, Ireland
iTEE University data retention
Information and data uploaded to iTEE University, including accounts, courses and contributions to courses, chat rooms and discussion forums, ownership of resources and evidence of participation in other Moodle-based activities may be retained indefinitely.
Moodle data is backed up periodically. The backups are held for the purpose of recovery of the data, e.g. in the event of failure of a system component.
How the iTEE University technical support team uses your information
If you approach iTEE University Technical Support for help with a fault, issue or question, support staff may need to look at your data held on the system, including files in your personal areas and the Moodle courses to which you belong. We may need to perform any of the following:
- In the process of providing support, answering your helpdesk question, investigating your issue or when forming a response, the support team may navigate and interact with Moodle using your account. The support team does not add, edit or delete any data within Moodle when doing this without your prior permission. We will never ask you to send your password to us as part of any support that we provide.
- The support team, when providing support to your query, may also duplicate your course or data and transfer it into another part of the system or to a test system. This is to allow us to carry out investigations, test solutions and provide you with support.
- When providing support, the support team never gives out your personal information, including usernames and passwords.
For more information about how we handle your personal information, and your rights under data protection legislation, please contact the iTEE University Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
This notice was last updated in April 2021.