0259 Worshipping God in the Psalms English
In almost every culture, poetry is used to convey the depths of the soul. In that honest expression of the soul, the Psalms escort us into the courts of worship. For the psalmist, this meant pouring out both wild, adoring praise and heart-wrenching laments, in which he told God exactly how he felt and how much he longed for God’s intervention.
Through your study of this course, you will:
- Gain insight and skills for reading and interpreting the Psalms for yourself
- Grasp figures of speech and traits of Hebrew poetry
- Get to know the psalmist and how he conveyed his thoughts and emotions
- Understand the importance of being honest about sin and experiencing God’s forgiveness and cleansing
- More fully understand the character of God through the psalmist’s poetic expressions and depictions of covenant loyalty
- Learn to enter into true worship of the Lord God, with a heart full of praise for the One who loves you so much!